Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Taking a day off

I will be gentle with myself,
I will love myself
I am a child of the universe
Being born each moment.

--Libana, "I Will Be Gentle With Myself" (Fire Within, I think; early '90s)
***

I'm going to class, and will do homework later. I just need a day to not be all cancer, all the time.

I'm thinking about how I really want to use this blog, and where it's going. The witness is valuable, I know; and the processing is good for me, to a point. But I've worked and thought and talked and written myself into the ground. I'm an anxious ball of nerves, because I haven't stopped thinking. I can be a lot more good for the world, if I take care of me.

Today, I need to go outside and experience life.

It's a gorgeous May morning. Blessings. (And Happy Birthday, Jane!)

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Happy Birthday Jane! Many Years!

It is a gorgeous May morning, I need to get my summer clothes out.

Jane R said...

Thanks, Kirstin - and Mimi! A blessed day to you. Prayers continue for you, Kirstin.

June Butler said...

Kirstin, go out and experience life. Don't blog if you don't feel like it. And walk as much as you can without wearing yourself out. It will help with the sleep.

I'm still praying for you, my friend.

Paul said...

A lovely May day in Berkeley - perfect! I trust you enjoyed it to the max.