Friday, May 02, 2008

Current health calendar

If you got an e-mail from me, this is the same information. It's accurate as of yesterday afternoon:

5/12: PET scan--hopefully it will show nothing
5/14: Pre-op appts
5/15: Surgery
5/21: Oncologist again

Surgery consists of cutting a wedge around my tumor (God, what a weird thing to say) and reattaching the edges, leaving me a smaller circle. I don't care; I'm alive.

They'll give me about a week to heal from surgery, then start the interferon. I'm going to ask if I can hold that until after commencement; I want to be well enough to see my friends graduate.

I'm going to try to finish my work for my preaching class; all I have left is two reflection papers. I think I can do it. I'm taking two incompletes, and will probably do my Magic Hands video in the fall. I know I have two weeks of feeling human--but I have crazy amounts of things to do in that time. I'm going to keep going to class whenever I can. Skirting the edges of normal feels better than not.

Thank you all for being who you are; thank you to my teachers for giving me the space academically to focus completely on my health, and thank you for being there for me.

UPDATE (natch): Oncologist's e-mail said that the 21st was to get me going on interferon, and also that it's too close to surgery. He's going to give me a date for the following week. Yay, I'll have a sore head, but I'll be well until after commencement.

No comments: