Thursday, May 22, 2008

Alleluia


The ear, and the incision.

1) I just got out of the shower.

2) We’re still waiting for the last stain, on the lymph node biopsy. The last thing we don’t know about is micro-metastatic disease. Everything else is clean. There is no lymphatic or vascular involvement, or anything else the test has screened for. (I don't remember the list.) After this last stain, I could be cancer-free.

They thought the tumor was 3mm deep; it turns out to have been 6. The technical information is "Stage 2B, without lymph involvement." How it got that big and dangerous without invading anything, I don't know. So again, I am so damned lucky.

I say "lucky" rather than "blessed" for a reason. People get sicker than I was, all the time. God is also with them.

I see the oncologist again on Tuesday, and should have final test results. I go back to the head/neck surgeon in a month. My ear hurts a little, and feels kind of weird; that’s normal for what it went through, just a week ago.

Thank God for dissolvable sutures.

I feel like I keep freaking out my friends (and myself), and the news keeps being good. Thank you for coming along on this ride.

Meanwhile—anybody want half a can of dry shampoo?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great, Kirstin! My tail looked way worse when they docked it when I was a puppy!

Keep on heeling. Oh wait, that's my "to-do", not yours... here's yours... keep on healing!

clumber++

susan s. said...

See? I told you it is beautiful!

susankay said...

Really nice ear. So glad.

Kathie+ said...

Kirstin, I'm so glad the news is good! You've been in our prayers and we will continue to pray for your speedy healing. You're a blessing!

St. Francis Episcopal Church, Turlock

Kirstin said...

Clumber, I adore you. :-)

Hugs and blessings to everyone! And thank you, all, so much.

pj said...

Lookin' good, Kirstin! Congratulations on the shower. :p

Still sending good vibes your way.

johnieb said...

Oh baby, I'm so glad. I had awful images of you with half a ear gone. You just need to get the OK on Tuesday and you're a survivor, with renewed strength to help the lowly, and we all can rejoice without fear.

Thanks be to our gracious Godde.