Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Repainting

I was getting tired of the uber-dark background, and was told by one friend that it made her screen jump around (like the '60s). It's time for a change.

I don't like this yellowy beige all that much either, and some of the text needs darkening, but I don't have time to be too particular right now. You'll see gradual changes: a tweak here, a new banner there.

I have a better banner pic for this type of color scheme... somewhere.

UPDATE: The paint job's growing on me, and I found the banner pic (obviously). This also comes from the Bishop's Ranch; I took it last October, somewhere between the trailside sanctuary and the peace pole.

6 comments:

Paul said...

Yikes! For a moment I thought I had a faulty link. I am sure it will be lovely when you finish tweaking. I do miss the lovely banner from the Ranch.

Since you are my techie-chum, you will have to teach me how to do banners (you've taught me most other blog-wizardry, like html tags).

Jane R said...

I like it! It feels more Californian :-).

Ann said...

I like it -- much easier to read - don't feel like I have been indulging in substances!

Kirstin said...

Thanks, all! I like it too, now. :-)

LOL, Ann!

Fran said...

It is really good- when I clicked in I was startled, but in a good way!!

I have been most lame about changing the look of my blog, other than changing my header photo.

Missy said...

(looks around, sniffs the air)

Hey... is that potpourri? New curtains?

I like.