Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Eye update

I'm going in for surgery tomorrow; I'm due there at 10:30 (to be seen at noon). They'll put me under, and mess with my eye muscles. My doctor said last week that he may only need to work on my right eye. He'll leave strings in my eyes (knots around the muscles). I'll be in the recovery room for about an hour. When I wake up, he'll play clothesline with my eyeballs until they're as perfect as they come, untie me and let me go home.

I should be done about 5 or 5:30, and a friend is picking me up.

Caminante asked who would update everyone; I'm going to call Paul, and he'll post my news over there. I won't be good for much, the rest of the day.

Prayers are very welcome.

12 comments:

Fran said...

And prayers are ever flowing... God bless and all good things for you.

Apostle In Exile said...

Blessings be upon you, and your doctor, and the magic strings!

Jane R said...

Whew, this sounds scary and you sound brave. I pray that all will go well, that you will be calm, that the physician and team will be skillful, and that all will be well!

And I pray that you will have happy eyes :-).

Kirstin said...

Thanks, all, for the giggles--and for the prayers too. :-)

Paul said...

All that good stuff what the rest said, of course. Prayers galore.

Quick update on my end. I will be stopping at tomorrow [Thursday] night's Russian 2 class because it's my last chance to see the teacher. Looks like I will be flying to - wait for it - NOLA to work for the next month or so. This would put me at the UNM campus when you call. I will have my cell phone with me and turned on.

If anyone would like to help out with relaying word on Ms K., you can contact me by e-mail:
pstrid505@mac.com

We'll work out an efficient way to update the world.

Kirstin said...

...'cause that's what community does. :-)

You're going to NOLA??!? Never mind my eyes--tell me your story!

Anonymous said...

K - prayers ascending for you...even though it's all over with now.

June Butler said...

Kirstin, prayers for you, love, that God will be powerfully present with you during your surgery and guide the mind and hands of your doctor and the others in attendance and that the outcome will be just as it should be - perfect.

Clotheslines, indeed! You make me laugh.

Diane M. Roth said...

I'm late, but praying for your recovery.

Paul said...

Kirstin called me at around 7:15 her time in California to say that it went well, she's back at the dorm, they only did the right eye. After an easy day tomorrow she should be well on her way to normal the day after. Prayers for full healing, a stronger eye muscle, no infections, and all that good stuff as well as patience in the healing process!

June Butler said...

Thanks be to God! Prayers for all the good stuff, as Paul says.

Fran said...

Prayers and more prayers for you Kirstin!!