Wednesday, May 10, 2006

What I'm learning:

  • Honesty is less scary than panic.
  • If you feel judged, it's coming from yourself.
  • Even authority figures want to support you. It's okay to let them know who you are.
  • It's okay to have a breakdown. Trust your friends' love. They'll teach you how to love yourself.
  • Once you've cried with your head in someone's lap, you can be that lap for others.
  • Respect for other people goes with respect for yourself. You've got to do both.
  • Feelings happen. You can't avoid them. Breathe with them, and keep moving.
  • You can find groundedness and wisdom. Listen to your own deepest voice.
  • Find your guides, and let them teach you.
  • Avoiding people, or responsibilities, really doesn't work. You can't escape what you yourself know.
  • Love yourself as you love your neighbor. Be gentle with yourself.
  • Everyone has wounds. It's how you wear them that matters.
  • Tears do not make you fragile.
  • Struggle gives strength, and compassion.
  • If you say you're sorry, you can know that you're forgiven.
  • God never stops holding you. Even when you don't feel it, you are surrounded by love.
Yeah, it sucks that I have late papers. But if I had to have them, they are worth this learning. My teachers understand. And honestly, I couldn't have this growth if I were not under pressure. I needed to learn to see differently. I needed that fear to find this love.

Now, I get to practice it.

No comments: