Monday, June 16, 2008

The needle and the healing done



Urp. Moan. Ugh.

But the worst of the side effects only seem to have lasted four hours. They hit, hard, within half an hour of getting home. I'm only a little bit queasy now, and the chills have subsided. We knew I was going to be better, when I asked for a popsicle. I’m in bed now, with an icepack on the back of my neck. A’s out getting me chicken soup and Ativan.

I feel sort of human again. Nowhere near the hideousness I was, even half an hour ago. Fever, chills, aches, and nausea seem to be my lottery results. But they don’t last as long as they were rumored to.

I may not respond in the comments much—I don’t have a lot of energy, and right now I should be sleeping. But I really appreciate knowing that people are watching out for me. Thank you.

One down, 18 or 19 to go (depending on what we do about July 4). My doctor said that the self-injections will be half of what I'm getting right now.

Love to everyone. And we both really appreciate your sympathy and prayers over Monte, also.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((you))))))))))))

Caminante said...

I am so sorry about your urpitude.

Know I say your name out loud every time we have the prayers of the people and your name is in our book of prayers by Mary.

Jane R said...

Prayed for you at church on Sunday...

Debbie of Boise said...

Hugs, hugs, and many prayers. I am glad you can blog You are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Sending Lots of LOVE!!!

Take a nap, too.

Suzanne

Mimi said...

Hugs and love. You take care of yourself.

I knew there was a reason I couldn't not pray for you this morning, the feeling was very strong.

Ann said...

Sending prayers upon prayers -- hope you can feel the presence of all who love you.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you --and yeah! ativan!! It's good stuff!

God bless you --margaret