Saturday, March 22, 2008

Christos aneste!

Alethos aneste! Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!

Just in from Easter Vigil. Exhausted, and getting up early tomorrow to serve--so this'll be quick.

I got it on a whole deeper level, renewing my baptismal vows. That in itself was celebration. I trampled death for all I was worth. My legs are still buzzing.

We don't read the stories; we tell or act or show them. This year, as always, they were wonderful. St. A's is usually a pretty happy church; the Spirit was present in all of us, tonight. Absolute unmediated joy.

And I got to make the Great Noise. :-)

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Indeed, He is Risen! I'm glad it was good!

Jane R said...

Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs restoring life, restoring life... Alleluia!

Kirstin said...

I gave you an earworm. :-)