Thursday, February 28, 2008

3 x 3: a quick meme for Thursday

JohnieB tagged me for this meme. The rules are easy:

1) List three reasons for your blogging.
2) List the rules.
3) Tag three others with the thread.

a) I blog because I’m a horrid correspondent. It’s true. I started this when I was about to make a major move out of my adopted hometown (of 17 years, counting college) to seminary in California. I wanted to give my friends a way to keep track of me.

b) I kept it up because I found community, both in the RevGalBlogPals and the OCICBW crew of reprobates. I’ve never met most of these people, but I e-mail with some of them, housesat for one, and count them as friends. We keep up with each other; we encourage each other, we pray with each other. If one is hurting, others are there. Good circles to be in.

c) I like writing; I like thinking out loud, and I’m more faithful about this than I ever was with a private journal. I can use this voice for justice, and I have. I’m also aware that someone coming across this blog might be encouraged in their own path, spiritual or other. Besides, the memes and silly things are fun.

Tag:

Paul
Orthodox Mimi
Juniper

All may, some should, none must.

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Thanks!

I agree, I use my Blog for Scrapbook journaling, because I wrote it down when it was fresh.

And, the community is awesome.

I'm glad you blog, so I can follow what you are up to!

Paul said...

Fatto. Hecho. Getan.

johnieb said...

Reprobatez? Thas why I axed ya.

Hmmmph.

Fran said...

Very nice. Now enough reading and time for me to go do my version of this tag!

Kirstin said...

Mimi, I'm glad you blog, for that very same reason.

pj said...

Proud to be a reprobate!