Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Sleepily checking in from NOLA; it's 3:16 am West Coast time. (Quarter after 5, here.) I don't know what I'm doing awake. I plan to remedy that soon.

Thank you to all who love me, pray for me, challenge me, support me, shift my perspective, laugh with me, and hold me in your hearts. I'm thinking of all of you, early this morning in the city that shook me forever last spring.

As seen last year, here is 2007 in a paragraph of nonsense. Take the first sentence from the first post of each month, paste them together in a paragraph, and see what you get.

[The ache I mention in the context of last year's post, has healed enormously. Thanks be to loving, patient friends, the Bishop's Ranch, general growing-ness, and God.]

I don’t really do resolutions; it’s too easy to break them and get depressed about it. Click on the title of this post, and see what I did tonight instead of the homework I was supposed to do. What is obedience to the gospel? Michael flew back to Berkeley last night; Vivian and I flew together, and have just gotten home. I am, among other contradictions, an asthmatic seminarian. I'm at a preaching conference at Villanova this week. I was praying with four friends from my parish yesterday afternoon; it's an early step in my vocational discernment. I'm sorry, anyone that I've worried. Hot. Struggling with something I don't know how to blog about... without spilling more than I want to of my own soul, in public. These are some, with whom I'm in relationship, and who have given me particular gifts. I got to meet Mother Laura yesterday!

Wow, do I sound busy. As I am. I can really, deeply feel myself moving toward God. This past year has been, in a lot of ways, really difficult. But I know where I'm going, and there is so much joy in that.

Love and blessings to all.

6 comments:

susan s. said...

Happy New Year, Kirstin! Sushi inthe new year!

Kirstin said...

Absolutely! And Happy New Year to you!

June Butler said...

Kirstin, glad you made it safely in to NOLA. We are having houseguests from Connecticut starting tomorrow. I'm not sure how long they will stay, but I'll check in with you and be in touch.

Fran said...

Happy First Day of 2008, spent in New Orleans and on this great mission.

And you get to see Grandmere on top of it all!

pj said...

As mentioned elsewhere, NOLA Streetcar info:

http://www.norta.com/routes/index.php

:)

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Happy New Year Kirstin! So honored I got to be part of your 2007...and so excited about your trip to NOLA and new call working with the exiles for 2008 and beyond.

(((you)))