Thursday, September 04, 2008

Back to New Orleans?

I had a conversation over IM with a friend there this morning. She and her husband evacuated to Atlanta; it took them 21 hours to get there because the governor of Mississippi closed I-10 east. Said husband is recovering from major surgery. They’re not home yet.

I asked if I could do anything besides pray. She said not yet, but to check with ODR. I e-mailed them. I’m too frail to build a house; I feel constantly like I’ve been up all night. I have time in January, but I don’t know if I could afford the trip anyway. But if I can, and there’s work I can do, I’d go back in a nanosecond.

We’ll see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ELO had a story today about the damage in Houma. I'm guessing that's where the assistance will be needed.