Sunday, April 22, 2007

Summer job

Look where I get to be this summer! I'm really excited.

I met the director's daughter two years ago, at the food co-op in Olympia, when I was volunteer-cashiering and she came through my line. (She's at Evergreen; I'm an alum.) Apparently neither of us knows how we got talking, but we did. I was on my way to CDSP. She told me to write to her dad for a job, when I got to California. I didn't do it last year, because I was missing the Northwest. I ended up interning at a parish in Seattle, and I had a great time there. But then I went to the Ranch with my parish last October, and saw how beautiful it is. I spent yesterday and Friday walking in the rain and talking with the people who run the place, and got an e-mail this morning inviting me to work there.

I don't know anything about dates or compensation or actual tasks yet, but I'm thrilled about this. It's wonderful when the things you want, want you.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Oooooh! Awesome!

episcopalifem said...

Hooray! Sounds like a great thing!

LutheranChik said...

That looks like a great place...like the ELCA's Holden Village.

Kirstin said...

Thanks all! I'm thrilled about it.

LutheranChik--I'm from WA, but I've never been to Holden. My friend Kim used to live there. She's a Biblical languages scholar who doesn't believe in God anymore--but she absolutely raves about that place. Maybe someday I'll get to go.