Sunday, November 20, 2005

You know you're in San Francisco...

...when you're sitting in church on Christ the King Sunday. The guest preacher, Brother Somebody from the local Franciscan house, is talking about the images we associate with monarchy. You look up and howl with laughter when he quotes the disco classic, "It's Raining Men."

Get it?

I love St. Aidan's.

His overarching point was about the Kindom (yes!) of God. God and we are all interrelated.

What do you see, when you imagine the reign of Christ?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you see, when you imagine the reign of Christ?

Well ,now, I see "It's Raining Men" giggle!

Anonymous said...

When I imagine the reign of Christ, I imagine a Mommy blogger, pining about our vomitous messes, but joyous about our mysterious blessedness that transcends everything we expect.

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have met up with you in San Francisco last week. Unfortunately no time. Had to attend a funeral of a childhood friend, then Thanksgiving, and spending as much time as I can with Grandma. No worries. I make as many trips to San Francisco as I can. -Time to spend as much time as I have left with the Grandma that I love so much. We'll have plenty of opportunities to meet up!