Thursday, December 15, 2005

Excited jitters

I'm two short papers from finishing the semester. One's due tomorrow; the other should have been turned in after Reading Week. Oh well, it'll get there. (It still is after Reading Week...) Flying out of Oakland Saturday morning; will get into Olympia before lunch. I'll be home until January 2.

And, I have a snack food buyer! Alleluia! (I'm coordinating snack support for the third-year students taking their General Ordination Exams in January. The test is four days of essay writing, comprehensive of everything they've studied here. I get to take it myself, two years from now.) I've had trouble getting people to help with snacks, because everyone's gone the first week of January. Someone approached me tonight and volunteered.

People can be really, really good. God is in all kinds of unexpected places.

I also took my first Celexa yesterday. I don't care who knows I'm on it; I've taken SSRIs before, and they work for me. I haven't been really down, just off, and making such a major life change both helped me and shook me up. When I get back from break, I'm getting an ADD workup at Kaiser, then help for that too.

I'll come back with energy that I don't have now, and be more dedicated to school, and to the reasons I'm here, next semester. One of my goals is to get and stay organized, once I'm able to focus on anything for more than two seconds. Life is looking up all over.

My friend Keri is being ordained to the transitional diaconate Sunday morning, in Vermont. She and her family are flying out tonight. Pray for her, please, and for Jakki and Morgan.

Now, I have to write those two papers...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travel safely, I look forward to seeing you when you arrive!

Anonymous said...

Kirsten,
I hope the Celexa works as well for you as it has for me. I've been taking it for more than two years now, and it made a positive substantial difference for me.

So I hope and pray it will for you as well. Don't be discourated if it takes a week or two or more to be noticeable; I'm sure you've been told that already.

Blessings to you on this Christmas Season.

Mike
Olympia

Anonymous said...

...well that would be "discouraged" - - I just don't know what discourated means!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY a break from school! =)